* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-7 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 20-25 ft.
- Mature Width: 15-20 ft.
- Sunlight: Full-Partial Sun
- Blooms: Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Syringa reticulata 'Ivory Silk'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Creamy White Blooms Meet Intoxicating Fragrance
Delivering incomparable fragrance and cream blooms in the spring and summer months, the Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac lives up to its name, giving you a smooth, elegant look that fits in nearly anywhere.
You'll enjoy its velvety white blooms on a naturally rounded crown. Vibrant green foliage pops against its reddish-brown bark, perfect for livening up bare areas - whether you plant it as a focal point in your flower beds or along driveway borders for extra color. Plus, it attracts graceful wildlife like hummingbirds to your garden.
And because we've planted, grown, and nurtured this Lilac for best results, so you reap the rewards of effortless growth. You get a well-rooted, healthy variety delivered right to your door...and a hard-to-find shrub you won't see at your local big-box store.
Turn a dull landscape into a picturesque, front-page feature with the Japanese Lilac Tree. Order your Ivory Silk Japanese Lilac today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Lilacs can tolerate full sun to partial shade but prefer 6 hours of sun for the best blooms. In warmer climates, plant your Lilacs in afternoon shade so that they are not exposed to the hot afternoon sun. Lilacs prefer rich, moist soil as well.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your plant in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill with soil, water after every few inches to remove any air pockets, and tamp down when done.
Mulching the surrounding soil is ideal to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Water once or twice a week (sometimes more in extreme heat), allowing the soil to dry 1 to 2 inches down before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize Lilacs in early spring before bloom with a well-balanced fertilizer. A 10-10-10 or all-purpose shrub fertilizer is ideal - simply read and follow the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Lilacs do not need much pruning except to remove damaged or crossing branches. If you remove faded or spent flowers immediately, it will increase the number of flowers the following season.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|