* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 3-4 ft.
- Mature Width: 3-4 ft.
- Sunlight: Full Sun
- Blooms: Summer
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Physocarpus opulifolius 'ZLEBic5'
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Cherry Red Leaves + Reblooming Clusters
A native perennial set apart by its cherry-red leaves, the Sweet Cherry Tea Ninebark leaves up to its name. Its signature foliage eventually darkens to deep purple in maturity, offering one-of-a-kind, eye-catching growth.
Even better is its deep, rosy pink buds, which transition to pale blush pink bloom clusters. These huge blooms contrast perfectly with the Sweet Cherry's midnight dark foliage. And after the foliage fades, charming red fruit takes its place at spring's end.
Plus, you get an encore of pink blooms in midsummer. Especially since the Cherry Tea is quite tough and versatile, tolerating a range of soil types and harsh climate conditions. It boasts dense branching that minimizes pruning and trimming and maximizes the full, flowering growth of the Sweet Cherry. From mixed borders to even focal point plantings in containers, you can't go wrong with the versatility and adaptability of the Sweet Cherry Tea.
But the best part of all is we’ve nurtured and hand-picked your Sweet Cherry for amazing growth. Now, you get a proven performer that outlasts tough conditions and grows to a second-to-none beauty in your homescape. You won't find this same stunning shrub at your local nursery, especially one that's so healthy and ready to thrive.
Get the best of the best in color, growth, and blooms. Get your own Sweet Cherry Tea Ninebark today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with full sun exposure (any area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil.
Dig a hole large enough to accommodate the rootball, place your shrub, backfill, and water to settle the roots.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that's twice as large as your shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes. Place your Sweet Cherry, use organic soil mix, and find a sunny area on your porch or patio for your plant.
2. Watering: Generally, you will water your Sweet Cherry about once or twice weekly. But if you're not sure when to water, simply check your soil about 3 inches down - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Your Sweet Cherry shouldn't need fertilizer, but if you do need to feed it, use a well-balanced blend, like 10-10-10, in the spring before new growth begins.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|