Christmas Palm Tree Adonidia merrillii
* Images shown are of mature plants
Christmas Palm Tree Adonidia merrillii
The Perfect Palm For Container Growing
Multi-trunk Christmas Palms planted in your landscape deliver unmatched tropical flair...now, no matter where you live, you can walk out the door to find paradise.
Whether you plant your Christmas Palm in a container and bring it inside, or place it on the porch or patio, it makes a vibrant impression with crowns large enough to create relaxing areas of shade. It's ideal for tight, compact spaces, including areas near sidewalks and driveways - unlike other varieties, this is the palm that won’t take over or outgrow the area.
Best of all, Christmas Palms don’t require a lot of attention. The only work for you is picking a perfect spot. Before you know it, you'll have mature, elegant palm trees in your homescape, making a beautiful statement. Even better? Your Christmas palm will produce small fruit that turns bright red right at Christmas time.
Lend a vivid, exotic touch to your garden and get your own Christmas Palm today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You don't have to immediately repot your plant - you'll only need to repot approximately every other year, once your Palm outgrows its shipped container or original pot. Increase the pot size by 2 inches each time you repot to accommodate new growth.
If growing outdoors make sure you give the palm well-draining soil and adequate space above to grow.
2. Watering: Mist your Palm weekly if kept indoors in addition to regular watering – this ensures that its native humid climate is simulated in your home. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
FGT Tip: If fronds begin to yellow, it could be a sign of overwatering. If you see yellowed fronds, allow time for the soil to dry before watering your plant again. Browning fronds, however, mean that your Palm is not getting enough water and needs more. Using a well-draining potting mix is key in getting this balance.
3. Pruning: Simply any fronds as they turn yellow or brown. This improves the look of your plant and creates clean space for healthier green fronds to grow.
4. Fertilizing: You can apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for palms. If you prefer, you can also use a balanced fertilizer, such as an 8-8-8 formula, for quicker growth in spring and summer.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $100||$24.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 10-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
8-10 ft Indoors
10-25 ft Outdoors
- Mature Width:
4-8 ft Indoors
5-10 ft Outdoors
- Sunlight: Full Sun, Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
Planting Care for the Christmas Palm Tree
Plant your Christmas Palm in an area that receives full-partial sun (4-6 hours of direct sunlight daily).
Water your Palm 2-3 times per week for the first month, then once a week for the remainder of the first year after planting. Keep the soil moist but well-drained, watering more in times of drought and less when there is rainfall.
If necessary, apply palm fertilizers that contain specific nutrients best suited for palms or a balanced fertilizer, such as an 8-8-8 formula, for quicker growth in spring and summer.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Want extra protection for your plants? We've got you covered. Our cost-effective One Year Warranty guarantees your plants for a full year.
If a plant gets damaged - from weather, human error or anything else - just send in a picture, and you'll get store credit to replace your plant!
Get peace of mind for your new plants. Purchase a One Year Warranty today!
Because this tree is grown in a burlap bag, its roots grow into the cloth, rather than circling around the pot. This brings moisture and nutrients into the tree, for faster, healthier growth and ease. Simply dig your hole, place the Drop 'N Grow™ bag in the center (burlap included), then use excess dirt to fill the hole. That's it!