* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height: 30-60 ft.
- Mature Width: 8-25 ft.
- Sunlight: Full-Partial Sun
- Growth Rate: Slow
- Botanical Name: Juniperus Virginiana
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
A Strong, Sturdy Evergreen that Thrives in Any Climate
A dense, columnar evergreen form sets the Eastern Red Cedar apart, making this sleek tree ideal for almost any garden space.
With thick, sturdy foliage, naturally pyramidal shape and large mature height, the Eastern Red Cedar is perfect as an evergreen accent tree or planted in a row for privacy. Since this tough grower can stand up to inclement weather and even pollution, it's perfect for lining your driveway or property edge.
And this tree is built to last - wherever you plant it. It can hold up to southern warmth and northern cold, including ice, snow, heat waves and drought. Even through the harshest conditions, your Eastern Red Cedar will stand tall.
The best part? It's a friend to welcome wildlife. Its strong branches and thick foliage provide a habitat for birds, squirrels and other local wildlife - and its natural woodsy scent can help repel unwanted bugs and pests.
Don't wait to add this strong, sturdy tree to your landscape. Get your Eastern Red Cedar today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Eastern Red Cedar Trees are full sun lovers that require at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily. They also prefer moist soil, though they can tolerate dry conditions and most soil types.
Dig a hole that is twice as big around as your shipped container and just as deep. Remove your tree from the container and gently comb the roots to loosen the roots. Place the tree in the hole, ensuring that the root ball is level. Backfill the hole and cover the area with mulch to help protect the roots.
2. Watering: Eastern Red Cedar Trees can tolerate moist soil but do like to dry out some while establishing. Water when the soil is dry about 2 inches down - the timing will vary depending on climate and conditions.
3. Fertilizing: Eastern Reds do not need regular fertilization. You can fertilize the first spring to give them a boost - an evergreen-specific fertilizer is ideal.
4. Pruning: Eastern Red Cedars need little, if any, pruning. You can prune to maintain size and shape, but regular pruning is not required.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|