Brilliant Silver Foliage for an Indoor Plant
If you're looking for a unique plant gift, you may want to put silver Cushion Bush (Calocephalus brownii) at the top of your list. Novice gardeners who don't have a green thumb will enjoy this low-maintenance plant, because it doesn't need "fussing over." And even the experienced gardeners on your list will enjoy receiving this unusual gift, which is probably not in their plant collection. We've made the Cushion Bush even more beautiful by artistically crafting it into a pyramid-shaped topiary!
A Sparkling Design Touch
The naturally luminescent quality of the Cushion Bush really shines among other green-foliaged plants. Potted for indoor use, just look at the design possibilities:
• As a tabletop holiday tree for your foyer or living room, silver Cushion Bush makes a stunning statement with branches that look as if they are snow-dusted. Attach brightly colored mini-ornaments or tie festive ribbons in your favorite colors.
• Dress up your dinner table by using it as a centerpiece. Place it on runners of gold brocade fabric for an exquisite silver-and-gold look.
• Place it as the focal point in a grouping of holiday plants on a round foyer table or a long sofa table.
When planted outside, the Silver Cushion Bush is a perennial only in the warmer USDA plant hardiness zones of 9 through 11. If you live outside this range, enjoy it as an indoor potted plant using these care tips:
• Place the pot in front of or near a sunny window, being careful not to let the foliage touch the glass or it may burn.
• Only water it when the soil is dry to the touch; don't keep the soil soggy.
• Don't fertilize your plant; we've potted it in soil with just the right fertility.
• In spring when the weather warms up, you can even plant Cushion Bush in your favorite container and enjoy it outside!