* Images shown are of mature plants
Growing Zones: Indoors
This plant is perfect for your area!
- Sunlight: Bright Indirect
- Growth Rate: Moderate
- Botanical Name: Xanthosoma variegata
- Does Not Ship To: AZ
A Truly One-of-A Kind House Plant!
Also known as Alocasia Xanthosoma Variegata, Mickey Mouse is a rare plant that belongs to the Alocasia, or Elephant Ear, family. Its large, lobed leaves with streaks of variegation tend to resemble Mickey Mouse!
With wide, deep-green leaves and unique light-green and cream variegation, Mickey Mouse is an ideal centerpiece for your indoor plant collection. In tropical climates, it can also be planted outdoors, where it can grow up to 6 feet tall and 4 to 5 feet wide. It’s worth noting that no two leaves of this plant are the same — each leaf has its own unique patterns, adding to its beauty.
The best part? You don't have to be a house plant expert to grow this one-of-a-kind addition. The Mickey Mouse Alocasia is relatively easy to grow. It prefers moist, well-draining soil and bright, indirect light. Just avoid direct sunlight, which can burn its leaves.
If you’re looking for a stunning plant for your indoor space, the Mickey Mouse Alocasia is the perfect choice. Get yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: The Alocasia likes bright light, but its leaves will burn in direct sun, so place it in a spot with bright, indirect light - ideally near, but not directly in front of, a sunny window.
You won't need to repot your Alocasia right away - only repot when it outgrows its shipped container, and select a pot that's about twice the width of the original container. When repotting, make sure your pot has good drainage holes and use organic soil mix.
2. Watering: Your Alocasia likes moist, well-draining soil - water well when the soil is dry. Use your finger to check the soil's moisture level, about 2 or 3 inches down. Water your plant when there are a full two inches of dryness from the top of the soil. You can also mist your Alocasia with a spray bottle twice or three times weekly, to mimic a humid, tropical environment.
3. Pruning: Remove dead or damaged foliage to encourage healthy growth.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship within 1-2 days. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Order Total||Shipping Charges|
|Less than $15||$11.99|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|